Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Kirstens Winter outfit - i think i have a FAKE set ....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    <font color="royalblue"> Can someone who has a newer (mattel) version, white shirt and black skirt from Kirstens winter outfit tell me:

    if the white shirt is tagged ??

    does the hole at the front feel like it could rip easily??

    if the stitching around the inside of the neck (well ALL of the inside of the shirt) is kinda "poor quality" ??

    and finally..is the black skirt a "heavy" type of wool material or a "lighter" weight type.

    I just received one i bought off ebay, and am NOT impressed with the quality, WHICH leads me to wonder .... HAVE I JUST BOUGHT A FAKE ?? [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated... [img]frown.gif[/img] </font>

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 20, 2005 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Aussiemum ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 20, 2005 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Aussiemum ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mollynellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got out the outfit that I purchased last October from American girl...

    -The Shirt IS tagged "Made in China for American Girl," the cleaning instructions (on the back), and a separate tag that says DO4.

    -The hole in the neck has stitching all around it but if you tugged hard enough it would probably tear.

    -The stitching around the inside is VERY sturdy and is all surged.

    -The skirt is not a heavy material, but it is not light ether. It is lighter than Addy's School skirt and heavier than all other American Girl fabrics.

    I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask me anything else!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="ROYALBLUE">oh man, this doesnt look good .. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Does the tag on the skirt have "made in china for pleasant company" printed in a browny/maroon type coloring ?? and is there "washing instructions" on a tag inside the skirt ??

    My shirt has NO tags whatsoever, and has really really bad stitching work; the quality of the white material is very bad with "pulls" in it .. [img]frown.gif[/img] </font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mollynellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, the type is a brown/cranberry color. On the front it says "made in china for American Girl" and the back of it says the cleaning instructions. There is also a seperate tag that says "D04".

    As for the shirt, the fabric is a polyester "light" flannel and does have slight pill (my doll has only worn it once-but for several days). The fabric is not the best, but I think that might add some "real ness" to it, Kirsten's family was poor and they would have made all of her clothes from poor quality fabric...

    I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask more questions!!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, I don't have the set, but would you PM me the seller's name? I saw a sketchy auction a few days ago that included that set. The doll modeling it looked like a fake to me, and Ria confirmed via PM that both the doll and the seller's other items for sale were counterfeit. I really hope you didn't get that one (or another one from that seller - he/she's had several up recently).

    - Becca

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh wait, I'm afraid I may have found your auction. Did you use a BIN, and does your eBay ID also have the word "aussie" in it? Definitely PM Ria your auction if it's the one I'm thinking of.

    - Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">BECCA........thats the one !! I know definately the doll was fake, but was hoping the outfit wasnt....

    The BIG tell tale sign is (from mollynellies reply):

    the tag in the skirt says "made in china for <U>PLEASANT COMPANY</U>" not made in china for AMERICAN GIRL.........

    Okay, so i definately have a fake - should i email the seller and see what she has to say ??
    She states "all are 100% authentic AG items" - and has 100% feedback. Am i the only one who isnt happy with the quality out of all those people ??

    Should i just keep it for that price ?? [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] </font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mollynellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just went and looked up the auction, it doesn't look like you paid too much for it, but of course you are still out about $16.00. It is a shame that people sell fake stuff! Where do they get it??? The dolls were obviously fake-those eyes scare me!

    If $16.00 is no problem for you, then I would just forget about it, there is not really very much you can do except try to contact the seller and then they will probably not believe you, which would be followed by negitive feedback.

    It is a great lesson though, and you can spread the word that the seller is selling fake stuff!

    I am SO sorry that you have to go through this! I have had some VERY difficult sellers through e-bay, they are a big stresser!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry-I don't think 16.00 is the issue. If you don't contact her and reflect that the item is fake in your feedback to her, other buyers will be getting fakes also. That's just not right. The whole purpose of feedback on ebay was to inform and protect. If she leaves you negative, you can respond to it, explaining that it was left in retaliation. I don't think 1 neg would really effect your standing in ebay, and other less informed buyers need to be made aware of what they are buying. JMO.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">i think the point here is that i feel like a real dumb@$$.... ( [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] )

    Ill admit that when i saw the dolls i probably KNEW it MAY be a fake so its my own fault, but i guess i HOPED it would be real because of the feedback. (i feel like im just digging my hole deeper and deeper here... [img]smile.gif[/img] )

    Anyway, ill just put it on my Kirsten - it will be covered by her knit woolens - and noone will know except me...

    </font>

    (**Tracey <<< "going off to slap myself about the head several times"**)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •